“Oxford Trails Academy is the cream of the crop! When another private school in the area suggested I keep McKayla here for Kindergarten because Oxford Trails could reach her in ways they couldn’t, I knew it didn’t get any better than this!”
~ Sheila, parent of McKayla, age 5
For our Private Kindergarten, success lies in the careful balance between rigorous curriculum and social and emotional development. Nothing prepares your child for success in elementary school like a solid kindergarten experience that couples academic challenges with a focus on character development and physical well-being.
Our teaching philosophy is based on a combination of the works and studies of Jean Piaget, Howard Gardner and Erik Erikson. By taking what we saw as the “best” from each of their philosophies, we have created an academic balance in which children are free to explore their interests with support and encouragement from dedicated teachers.
What Does Learning In Private Kindergarten Look Like?
- Houghton Mifflin 1st Grade Level Reading and Phonics
- McGraw Hill 1st Grade Level Math Curriculum
- Science Experiments, Cooking Projects and Technology Supported Lessons
- Social Studies, Including Life Skills, Cultural Appreciation and Character Development
- Creative Arts and Expression
- Foreign Language- Spanish and French
- Physical Development and Health
At Oxford Trails Academy, your child is on the trail to academic success!